While it’s a perfectly nice car, fire-breathing caged race cars are probably not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think of the Toyota Yaris. Regardless, the two will be coming together for the next two months across a series of Northern Cali events designed to highlight Toyota’s new (to the US) Yaris and videogames…but mostly the Yaris. The tour, called Circuit Yaris, will feature the above-mentioned racing games, along with Battlefield 2 and Prey, and will also have prizes from Western Digital and Logitech, who will be giving away some of their NASCAR-themed wheels (alas, no G25 giveaways yet). The tour will be hitting these locations:
- CAL State Fair (Sacramento) Sept. 1-4
- Madera County Fair Sept. 7-8
- Fresno State Football (FSU vs. Oregon) Sept. 9
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk Sept. 16
- Cal Football Game (vs. ASU) Sept. 23
- Giants Game (SF vs. LA) Sept. 29-Oct.1 (Giants Fan Appreciation Day)
- Fresno County Fair Oct. 6-8
- Sacramento State Football (vs. Montana) Oct. 14
- San Jose State Football (vs. Louisiana) Oct. 28
iGames Buckles Up with Toyota for The Circuit Yaris
2-Month, 9-Location Road Tour of Northern California to Feature DJs and Today’s Most Popular Video Games, in Addition to Free Gear from Logitech
MOUNTAIN VIEW and TORRANCE, CA, August 29, 2006—iGames, the world’s leading game center organization, today announced that it would be joining Toyota for The Circuit Yaris, a 2-month, 9-location road tour of Northern California, featuring DJs, today’s most popular video games, free gaming gear from Logitech—and the chance to check out the Yaris, the car you can afford to drive which is also the car you want to drive.
The Circuit Yaris hits the road in September and runs until the end of October. Tour stops will include:
• CAL State Fair (Sacramento) Sept. 1-4
• Madera County Fair Sept. 7-8
• Fresno State Football (FSU vs. Oregon) Sept. 9
• Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk Sept. 16
• Cal Football Game (vs. ASU) Sept. 23
• Giants Game (SF vs. LA) Sept. 29-Oct.1 (Giants Fan Appreciation Day)
• Fresno County Fair Oct. 6-8
• Sacramento State Football (vs. Montana) Oct. 14
• San Jose State Football (vs. Louisiana) Oct. 28
“We are excited to be working with Toyota on such a fun campaign,” said Mark Nielsen, Executive Director of iGames. With the cooperation of our corporate partners and our member centers in Northern California, we know that iGames offers a perfect complement to the tour as well as a direct connection to people who intuitively understand the lifestyle experience that the Yaris represents.”
In addition to the DJs who will be spinning the tour’s soundtrack, each event will include special videogame competitions featuring such blockbuster titles as Battlefield 2, Prey, and racing games GT Legends and GTR 2.
As a recreation of the iGames game center experience, all gameplay will showcase today’s hottest gear, on custom-built gaming computers tricked out with such bleeding-edge technology as Intel dual-core processors, state-of-the-art GPUs from NVIDIA, the latest and greatest video cards from EVGA, blazing-fast Asus motherboards, hard drives from Western Digital, Corsair memory, Antec cases and power supplies, Creative sound cards, and keyboards and mice courtesy of Logitech.
Among the prizes on offer for the best gamers:
• Logitech® NASCAR® Racing Wheels
• Logitech® G7 Laser Cordless Mice
• Logitech® G15 Gaming Keyboards
• Logitech® Precision PC Gaming Headsets
For gamers who don’t make the cut, there will also be special prizes, raffles and other great free stuff, including coupons for 1 hour of free play at any one of the participating 11 iGames member centers in Northern California. For a complete list of centers, or to find an iGames center in your area, visit www.igames.org. For more information about The Circuit Yaris and to arrange your own test-drive, visit www.circuityaris.com.