It was just yesterday that thoughts of Driver on Wii hit the proverbial internets, and now today we have an official Driver announcement. No, not about a port to the Wii, instead a wholly new installment in the franchise heading for the PSP. Called Driver 76, the game is a prequel to Parallel Lines, featuring 27 new missions in and around NYC, car customization, and what will surely be a groovy “authentic 70′s soundtrack.”
You can get your funk on in March.
UBISOFT ACCELERATES DRIVER FRANCHISE INTO NEW TERRITORY
Ubisoft to Launch All-New Driver® 76 on the PSP® System March 2007
SAN FRANCISCO – JANUARY 22, 2007 – Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, announced that it will launch the Driver® 76 video game for the PSP® (PlayStation Portable) system. Driver 76 will feature all-new content with 27 new missions exclusively designed for gaming on the go. Driver 76 is the first all-new edition of the famed Driver series to be released since Ubisoft acquired the franchise in 2006. Developed by Sumo Digital Ltd. and Ubisoft’s Reflections studio, Driver 76 will be released in March 2007.
Faithful to the brand spirit, Driver 76 is an action driving game that features Hollywood-style car chases while also letting the player experience the open environment on foot. The game thrusts the player into the heart of the 1970s, through 27 missions divided into six main plots. Players can take side jobs, earning cash that can be used to modify their rides. Driver 76 also offers an extensive multiplayer mode and a host of mini-games ranging from street races to all out carnage in Destruction Derby mode.
• All-New Content Developed Exclusively for the PSP system – Twenty-seven all-new missions created for the PSP system.
• Prequel Storyline to Driver Parallel Lines – The year is 1976, two years before Driver® Parallel Lines.
• Multiplayer Games and Downloadable Content – Games include Street Racing, Destruction Derby, Pink Slip Racing and Swap Meet. Also download new paintjobs to use on your collected vehicles in the garage.
• Experience Open Environments in Authentic 1970′s New York – All the architecture, music, cars and clothes of the ’70s. Spans New York from Jersey to Coney Island.
• Vehicle Modification System – Collect your favorite vehicles and complete side job missions to get the cash to modify your ride.
• High-Speed Hollywood Racing Action – High-speed car races and crashes. Go even faster by customizing your car with special parts.
• Authentic ’70s Soundtrack – Immerse yourself in the ’70s with classic songs from the decade.