It is estimated that, globally, construction machines emit around 400 Mt of CO2 each year, out of which excavators in particular account for more than 200 Mt of CO2 emissions annually globally.
Therefore, electrifying medium and heavy construction machines is a clear commitment to the environment, as well as an investment into a greener future. But what if we told you there was a way to also maximize the financial return of this investment and ensure higher profits for your business?
Digital Displacement as the enabler for electrification
Together, Danfoss Editron and Digital Displacement are the strongest combinations to make electrification a commercially viable option for construction machinery and help the industry to significantly reduce its CO2 emissions footprint, particularly for excavators.
Features and benefits
- Drastic reduction in energy consumption while maintaining full machine productivity
- Extending the operating range and/or reduced battery size and cost
- Significant improvement of noise emissions over conventional hydraulic pumps
- Next-generation control flexibility for multi-outlet systems, combining the best of variable speed and variable displacement systems
- Combining Danfoss Editron and Digital Displacement will help bring down the total cost of ownership of electrified machines below that of the conventional equivalent.